Sometimes creativity takes a little planning and thought. There are tons of ideas out there to get started, but what really takes it to the next level is making it very personal for just the two of you. You have to know each other by studying and paying attention to even the little details. You have to chew on it for a while before you know what your spouse would love.
Date number 4 is for husbands to plan.
John 13: 1…He (Jesus) had loved his disciples during his ministry on earth, and now he loved them to the very end… So he got up from the table, took off his robe, wrapped a towel around his waist, and poured water into a basin. Then he began to wash the disciples’ feet, drying them with the towel he had around him.
- Crank up the heat to warm the house.
- Find a deep basin, bowl or bucket and fill it with hot water. Gather several large towels.
- Find a comfortable chair for you wife to sit in a private room.
- Simply tell your wife you have a special evening planned for her and ask her what time would be good or simply get everything ready and lead her to her chair and ask her to just sit and relax.
- Sit her down, bring the basin and towels.
- Read to your wife from John 13
- Get naked – As you take off your clothes and wrap yourself in a towel tell her why you want to wash her feet…Here are some ideas to choose from or create your own.
I want to wash your feet because…
I want to be real with you, open and honest. I am not perfect, but I want you to know all of me and I want to know all of you.
I want to serve you. I want to be your hero and take care of you. I want to protect you.
I want to love all of you from your head to your toes.
I want to love you as Christ loved the church.
I want to lead you spiritually. I want to love you as a servant like Jesus did.
8. Gently wash your wife’s feet, between the toes and all. Gently dry her feet.