On New Year’s Eve I sat down with my pen and notebook to think about the coming year. What do I want to accomplish in 2018? Underneath the heading “Goals for 2018” I wrote things like
- Finish book – edit, create diagrams and illustrations, come up with a cover
- Ask other bloggers to promote video class – ask to guest post or do interviews
- Sell Awaken-Love T-shirts – set up online store
- Work on Men’s curriculum
- Create new promo card for video classes
These are all good goals, but honestly, they are all things I can do on my own. If I just put my nose to the grindstone, I can make them happen. And I realized, that I don’t just want Ruth sized goals. I want God sized dreams. I want to ask God for things that I could not begin to do on my own, that I can’t even imagine, things that only He can accomplish. So, I started over with a new list and this is what I am asking God for in the coming year.
Hopes and Dreams for 2018
- Fill my writing, speaking and teaching with a passion that comes from You
- Give me a renewed freedom in worshipping you and in praying over others
- Give me a focus, direction and conviction that only comes from You
- Keep my heart soft and break my heart for the broken
- Fill me with boldness and courage to ask for opportunities far beyond myself
- Bless me with laughter, adventure and wonder
- Help me to create community through the Awaken-Love blog that will lead to growth, healing and restoration
- Help me to care for and nurture the Awaken-Love teachers and facilitators.
As you sit down to think about the coming year, don’t settle for goals you can accomplish on your own. Dream big.