On New Year’s Eve I sat down with my pen and notebook to think about the coming year. What do I want to accomplish in 2018? Underneath the heading “Goals for 2018” I wrote things like
- Finish book – edit, create diagrams and illustrations, come up with a cover
- Ask other bloggers to promote video class – ask to guest post or do interviews
- Sell Awaken-Love T-shirts – set up online store
- Work on Men’s curriculum
- Create new promo card for video classes
These are all good goals, but honestly, they are all things I can do on my own. If I just put my nose to the grindstone, I can make them happen. And I realized, that I don’t just want Ruth sized goals. I want God sized dreams. I want to ask God for things that I could not begin to do on my own, that I can’t even imagine, things that only He can accomplish. So, I started over with a new list and this is what I am asking God for in the coming year.
Hopes and Dreams for 2018
- Fill my writing, speaking and teaching with a passion that comes from You
- Give me a renewed freedom in worshipping you and in praying over others
- Give me a focus, direction and conviction that only comes from You
- Keep my heart soft and break my heart for the broken
- Fill me with boldness and courage to ask for opportunities far beyond myself
- Bless me with laughter, adventure and wonder
- Help me to create community through the Awaken-Love blog that will lead to growth, healing and restoration
- Help me to care for and nurture the Awaken-Love teachers and facilitators.
As you sit down to think about the coming year, don’t settle for goals you can accomplish on your own. Dream big.
What do you really want that only God can do?
How do you want God to change you?